· Black money: 6 months for voluntary disclosure?
· Yoga included in the ambit of charitable purposes under the Income Tax Act.
· Individual tax payer will benefit to the extent Rs 4,44,200 from the exemptions announced.
· Govt to reduce custom duty on 22 items.
· Quoting PAN a must for all purchases above Rs 1 lakh.
· Corporate tax reduced from 30% to 25% over next four years
· Are you satisfied with the Budget? Write in your reactions here
· Defence allocation for this fiscal is Rs 2,46,727 crore.
· AIIMS to be set up in J&K, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh and Assam.
· Govt to raise visa-on-arrival facilities to 150 countries from 43
· Direct tax proposals will lead to loss of Rs 8,315 crore; indirect proposal will yield Rs 23,383 crore.
· We have been consistent in what we have said and what we are doing: Arun Jaitley.
Non-filing of returns, or filing of returns with inadequate information will attract rigorous imprisonment.
Replacing wealth tax with a surcharge on super-rich will lead to Rs 9,000
crore additional income.
Jaitley means business
Jaitley’s first full-fledged Budget is his own, but it was impossible to miss the Prime Minister’s stamp »
Sensex swings 768 points intra-day »
Given the sky-high expectations in the run-up to this Budget, the market was setting itself up f... » 3 comments
Parvatha Vardhini C
What’s changed An increase in basic tax exemption limit and a raising of tax sla... »
KUMAR MANGALAM BIRLA
The Budget backs up vision with initiatives, creating a workable formula for growth »
The increase of nearly 2 per cent in service tax is going to increase the overall costs of home... »
Jaitley has favoured corporates and income-tax payers, says Chidambaram »
The high rate is one of the reasons for investors moving out, says Finance Minister »