Saturday, February 12, 2011

GODLINESS (contd)


"What is ‘Godliness’? Do i have it in me ?!

New age saying:  Tell me,-
*Whom you regard as your friend, philosopher and guide ,or mentor ?"

Any thoughts over...

Yes, of course! But..

Tell me, what is your problem?

It is this: I have since been having sleepless nights to find a truthful answer as to -whom, if at all I have one, CAN DESIGNATE  my - friend, philosopher and guide, ... (all rolled into one), but..

Yes, go on!

I think - listing my friends, and screening and ranking them, is no problem....

?

Having done so, I have to rank - for choosing among them, who qualifies-of course in my personal opinion , to be regarded as a 'philosopher' .....

?

I am stuck exactly there. I was trying to first find out the meaning of -'philosopher'.....resorted to Google Search- But lo~!

?

Following are the links I could place my fingers on :



Then, I made an attempt to OPEN AND JUST read one - result,- an essay which opens to say: 
“I take "philosophy" to be an English word referring to a certain kind of thinking, a certain kind of approach to a certain kind of problem. To explain those "certain kind of"s would take a book; perhaps the best I can do here is gesture at what it is that English-language philosophers do.
The main point, though, is that philosophy isn't distinguished so much by what it's about as by the nature of the activity. The presentation of opinions, theories, or advice isn't philosophy, no matter what the content. Doing philosophy involves thinking about things in a certain (rigorous, questioning) way, offering arguments for one's ideas, meeting arguments against them, and being prepared to change one's mind.”......... 

Again I got stuck up ...

??

MY FRIEND ! TELL ME HONESTLY AS A CO-MORTAL, -DO YOU BELIEVE THAT I HAVE A CHANCE TO SUCCEED IN FIRST DECIDING, AND THEN GIVING YOU A SATISFACTORY ANSWER?!

????!!!    (AFTER A PASS) - I AM SO SORRY FRIEND, IF I HAVE  MADE YOU BELIEVE THAT - I EVER BELIEVED SO !

In case, you believe otherwise, .. tell me after you have made a sincere attempt at .. to the end of finding an answer.!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment